Rehabilitation and Lymphedema
Lymphedema is the accumulation of lymphatic fluid in the interstitial tissue which causes swelling in different parts of the body, most often in the arms and/or legs. It causes discomfort, heaviness, tension, asymmetry, pain and sometimes ulcer in the affected area. It also provides a culture medium for bacteria which can result in infection and cellulitis.
MCI Rehabilitation and lymphedema clinic offers a comprehensive Lymphedema program. The clinic has been established in 2008 to address the needs of individuals with a diagnosis or potential diagnosis of Lymphedema, especially cancer patients.
After physician consultation, patients will receive treatment 5 days a week for 2-4 weeks. Treatments take place in a private room and includes:
- Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD)
- Education on skin care, diet, self MLD and self- Bandaging
Physicians observe all treatment process carefully and prescribe the proper compression garments at the end of the treatment.
- Zahra Sheikhi Mobarakeh, MD, CLT
- Mahnaz Heidari, Trained Therapist
- Fatemeh Zekri,Trained Therapist
- Zeinab Esmaeili,Trained Therapist
- Maryam Afshari, clinic Secretary