In Cancer Prevention Research Group, identifying risk factors for cancer (Risk Factor), effect of each risk factors (Risk Prediction), how to prevent these factors, prevention strategies, how to educate the public to avoid exposure to risk factors, identifying factors associated with lifestyle (Life Style), the incidence of cancer and how to change knowledge, attitudes and behavior to reduce exposure to these factors will be examined.
Educating people about the environmental and behavioral risk factors is other objectives of this research group .
Practice in the field of behavioral risk factors is associated with increased health literacy of people about cancer and those who have this ability are able to keep their own health.
To understand which behaviours are more likely to become a risk factor requires further studies. These studies should be the base of program development in education and health promotion.
The mission of the group:
• studying the relationship between cancer and predisposing factors: nutrition, lifestyle, environmental factors and genetic factors
• giving approaches for preventing cancer through research plans
• training capable researchers in the field of cancer prevention and control.
1- Expanding knowledge about behavioral, psychosocial, biological and environmental factors associated with increasing risk of cancer.
2- Running studies to reduce risk and increase early detection of cancer, and increase the length of life.
3- Raising efforts on how to do research on multicultural populations to reduce exposure to cancer risk factors.
4- creating knowledge in the field of lifestyle and reduce exposure to risk factors
1. Evaluation health education in the field of breast cancer in Iran.
2. Studying the false beliefs about breast cancer.
3. Intervention for changing people's myths about breast cancer.
4. Planning a proper theory for increasing people health education about breast cancer
5. Identification of risk factors for breast cancer.